Overwatch MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
PlagueBringer said:
I'm so fucking annoyed every fucking game I do something phenomenal it's always some other shitty play that gets PotG....

Yeah, unless you get a triple kill with an ult, potg is so random. Blizzard said they will improve potg in the future. 

And here I am getting a quad I'll kill as reaper while PoTG goes to some Pharah getting two normal rocket kills..

Parasynapsis said:
And here I am getting a quad I'll kill as reaper while PoTG goes to some Pharah getting two normal rocket kills..

nononono you dont get it okay it was a good play because she knocked a roadhog off a cliff with her concussion blast

Environmental kills can be absolutely hilarious, but a lot of the time it is really boring to see some Winston get awarded for swinging around his broken melee hitboxes while using his ultimate.

SeñorSniperMan said:
...but a lot of the time it is really boring to see some Winston get awarded for swinging around his broken melee hitboxes while using his ultimate.
this. winston's melee range is so huge it makes saxton hale look bad.

does anyone else feel like d.va is pretty bad? this is what i've experienced playing against d.vas:
- her primary fire doesn't do a whole lot of damage especially at range
- she's so huge and pink that the enemy team will focus her down in seconds
- flying into the enemy team is pretty much suicide
- you have an entire century to find cover from her ult, and sometimes it's broken enough to where you could stand behind a piece of paper and come out unharmed
- imo her only redeeming mechanic is her defense matrix which will stall projectiles for a few seconds
maybe i've just never played against a decent d.va but i feel like she's one of the badder classes in the game.

giggybyte said:
SeñorSniperMan said:
...but a lot of the time it is really boring to see some Winston get awarded for swinging around his broken melee hitboxes while using his ultimate.

does anyone else feel like d.va is pretty bad? this is what i've experienced playing against d.vas:
- you have an entire century to find cover from her ult, and sometimes it's broken enough to where you could stand behind a piece of paper and come out unharmed
- imo her only redeeming mechanic is her defense matrix which will stall projectiles for a few seconds
maybe i've just never played against a decent d.va but i feel like she's one of the badder classes in the game.

1. getting buffed sometime in the future (I think). Tbh it's fineish for now.
2. You know what else is huge? She isn't always pink m8ty.
3. Don't fly straight into an entire team.
4. Use it for zoning or combo with ults.
5. ;)

dva is basically a flanking dank tank u silly giggy

Edit-most of the time you shouldn't be running one tank if you have a pro gamer on your team

DarkPikachu said:
giggybyte said:
SeñorSniperMan said:

5. ;)

I personally think she is the worst character in the game. Yes-- even worse than Zenyatta.

• Her initial damage is shit, and her poor accuracy, large damage dropoff, and slow movement speed while firing doesn't help her either.
• Her critical hitbox, and regular hitboxes in general are absolutely massive. (I play a bunch of Torbjorn, and if I get two well placed shots on her she'll go from 100% health to her exiting her mech)
• At best her ultimate will clear an objective for a few seconds, allowing her team to get situated. The amount of time between her calling out her ultimate ability and the actual explosion is incredibly lenghty. I've almost never seen somebody successfully combo their ultimate abilities with D.Va's.
• She just has nothing over the other tanks... While I understand that her design is to have a little bit of everything, it just doesn't translate well to in-game scenarios.
• She's not even the best waifu.

It was officially stated by Blizzard that they were looking into buffing D.Va (mind you this looked like it was supposed to be paired with the McCree nerf), I just can't find it anywhere. All I am hoping is that she'll be a competitively viable character in the near future, because she is really fun to play.

DarkPikachu said:
Sass said:
i love arguing about video games

haHAA

SeñorSniperMan said:
DarkPikachu said:
giggybyte said:
SeñorSniperMan said:

5. ;)

I personally think she is the worst character in the game. Yes-- even worse than Zenyatta.

• Her initial damage is shit, and her poor accuracy, large damage dropoff, and slow movement speed while firing doesn't help her either.
• Her critical hitbox, and regular hitboxes in general are absolutely massive. (I play a bunch of Torbjorn, and if I get two well placed shots on her she'll go from 100% health to her exiting her mech)
• At best her ultimate will clear an objective for a few seconds, allowing her team to get situated. The amount of time between her calling out her ultimate ability and the actual explosion is incredibly lenghty. I've almost never seen somebody successfully combo their ultimate abilities with D.Va's.
• She just has nothing over the other tanks... While I understand that her design is to have a little bit of everything, it just doesn't translate well to in-game scenarios.
• She's not even the best waifu.

It was officially stated by Blizzard that they were looking into buffing D.Va (mind you this looked like it was supposed to be paired with the McCree nerf), I just can't find it anywhere. All I am hoping is that she'll be a competitively viable character in the near future, because she is really fun to play.

DarkPikachu said:
Sass said:
i love arguing about video games

haHAA

don't you talk shit about my boy zenyatta, he's a great memer and destroys the fuck out of winstons/reinhardts.

Zenyatta is all about positioning and knowing when to effectively switch heals between teammates. Granted he does suck if you're solo so when you do ult it's a bit harder to coordinate, but he's pretty good as long as you know how to hit enemies and use his kit efficiently.

I gotta admit though D.Va is pretty shit if you don't have a good combo w/ her, aka Zarya/Tracer/Mei/Anyone who can re-position the enemy team into her ult.

PlagueBringer said:
don't you talk shit about my boy zenyatta, he's a great memer and destroys the fuck out of winstons/reinhardts.

Zenyatta is all about positioning and knowing when to effectively switch heals between teammates. Granted he does suck if you're solo so when you do ult it's a bit harder to coordinate, but he's pretty good as long as you know how to hit enemies and use his kit efficiently.

I absolutely love playing as Zenyatta-- he's my third most played character in the game, and he is by far my favourite support. Just because I say that he is a shitty character doesn't mean that people can't do well with him. It just sucks because it makes no sense to play as Zenyatta when you can play as Lucio or Mercy.

His healing rate very slow when compared to Mercy's, but I guess they shouldn't be on par since Zenyatta can heal from long distances. I personally feel that his healing rate needs to be increased though, because I have never seen a Zenyatta get more than 8K healing in a match. Meanwhile it is very common to see a Lucio get more than 14K, and a Mercy more than 10K. Not only that, but his mobility and health are a huge detriment to the character's effectiveness. Mercy and Lucio both better mobility than Zenyatta, health and healing. His ultimate ability completely contradicts the playstyle that players need to adapt to while playing as Zenyatta. If you've got a slow as shit character (((THE SLOWEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME)))))))))))))))))))))) who is also tied for the LOWEST HEALTH IN THE GAME, why would you give him an ultimate ability that encourages him to push up to the front lines? Half of the duration of the ultimate is spent fleeing so you don't instantly get mowed down by a a couple of thumb tacks, because Zenyatta is made of balloons.

His Discord orbs are fucking sick though. The 2x damage boost that it applies to enemies makes him so much fun to play. Too bad Mercy also has a pretty chunky 1.3x damage boost, improving her effectiveness over Zenyatta.

Sunchips said:
Mfw I make people quit in competitive when I pick Ana.

She doesn't suck you just actually need to aim and think

Ana is good if you can stay back and keep the team healed. Most Ana players always seem to be near the front lines.

Sunchips said:
Mfw I make people quit in competitive when I pick Ana.

She doesn't suck you just actually need to aim and think

I'd quit if you picked Ana too. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom